Welcome to Stockabl! We’re super excited to have you join our community of makers. To help you get your shop set up and start selling, we created this guide to help you.
Choose a membership plan
You will need to choose a membership plan before you can add any products to your shop.
- Hover over your profile picture in the top right of the screen to see the seller drop-down menu.
- Select Shop Dashboard to be taken to your dashboard.
- Click on the Settings tab and then click on the Membership tab.
- Review the plan options and click on the Sign Up button beneath the plan you choose.
- Complete the checkout process.
From here you will be redirected to the My Account page where you can manage your purchase payment cards and addresses. To return to your shop dashboard, click on the Shop Dashboard tab.
Finish your shop setup
Once you’ve selected a membership plan, there are a few steps you need to take to complete your shop setup and prepare to start selling items. Like any online business, you should think through key factors in your selling workflow. Consider things like production time, policies, and your plan for shipping.
Key shop elements to address:
- Store Settings – most of these can be found on the store tab and include items like your name and location, brand story, and lead times and minimums. You can also add links to your social media channels on the social tab.
- Payment Information – we require your business PayPal email address in order to send payment on orders you receive.
- Banner and shop logo: Upload clear photos that represent the style of your brand and make a strong first impression on shoppers. Recommended sizes: Banner – 1920 px wide by 720 px tall; Icon/Logo – 400 px square.
- Shop Policies – you have space to include your general wholesale terms including information about any display or advertising requirements you may have, limitations on stores you sell to, and more. You also can provide detailed information about your shipping and return/exchange policies.
- Shipping Rates – we have three built-in options for you to choose from when setting up your shipping rates. The default method is Table Rate by weight, but there are also options for calculating by subtotal, total number of items, or dimensions. Our Live Rate options uses dimensions and through our partnership with Shippo, Retailers can receive real-time quotes at checkout from any carrier you enable. To read more about the shipping rate options see this help article.
Remember that Stockabl handles all of the payment processing for you, so you don’t need to include this in your terms. Retailers can choose to pay via credit, debit, PayPal, PayPal Credit, or Net-60 terms. No matter which option they select, you get paid within 72 hours of the order funding!
We have prepared. walkthrough video for you below if you would like to see what goes in each setting. You can also read about the settings in our help article, Shop Settings Explained.
In the video we also discussed a tab you can find in the settings menu called “Shop Sections”. These help you to organize your listings anyway that suits you. If you want to learn more about Shop Sections now, check out this help article that explains how to set them up.
Complete your seller profile
Seller profiles get a lot of web traffic, so we strongly encourage you to keep yours updated. Additionally, this is where you set your seller profile picture, which is displayed in several locations across the site including your shop page under “Meet the Maker”.
Please use an actual photo of yourself or your team for this seller photo. This helps to build trust with retailers to know that you are an actual, real live person who is behind this brand. If you’re camera shy feel free to include props!
For a quick walkthrough of how to update your profile we have recorded the following video.
Add listings to your shop
There are a couple of ways to add products to your shop. The most basic method is by adding them individually from the Products tab on your Shop Dashboard. The walkthrough video below explains the process.
If you have a lot of products you may want to consider submitting your listings for a bulk import through our CSV import tool. We have detailed instructions for that method here, and you can always reach out to us for assistance.
And finally, for our power users, the Power Editor can be found in your profile menu dropdown. This takes you into the advanced editor menu and should only be used if you are comfortable with the WordPress editor. This is best for making bulk changes to existing listings.
Invite your retailers to your shop
This part is the most fun! Now that your shop is totally set up and ready for business it’s time to tell your retailers about it! Makers who refer retailers are more likely to make a sale within the first few weeks of their shop opening, and more likely to receive repeat orders.
But did you also know that referring retailers (and makers) to Stockabl earns you Community Ambassador Bonuses? Depending on the current bonus you could earn extra cash or other rewards from your referrals, and your referrals get special gifts too like free shipping or free membership (on us).
Let us create accounts for your retailers
If you prefer for your retailers to be able to log in immediately, please submit a CSV file (sample template here) with their name, email, and business name along with your contact info and a preferred temporary password.
We will generate user accounts for them based on this information, and associate them with your Ambassador Account. You can then send them the link to your shop and instruct them to log in with their email address and the temporary password you created.
Retailers you add through this process will not be added to our email newsletter lists unless they request to opt-in later. They may receive retargeting emails or ads when they browse your shop or start a cart but do not complete checkout (abandoned carts).